Sunday 12 January 2014

The spreadsheet

Yes it has come to this already. As we contemplate the very real prospect of blowing over half our budget on exclusivity and taking into account the money we want to spend on our honeymoon we have realised that money may be tight. Thus today the spreadsheet was born. I have no idea which way is up when it comes to Excel. I can open and understand information that other people have tapped in and that is where my expertise ends. Fortunately though James is something of an expert. Or at the very least he is suitably proficient that tonight at my request he produced in the mere blink of an eye... The wedding spreadsheet. I have a feeling that it and I will become very well acquainted over the next few weeks and months. As yet our outgoings are minimal and while I spent last night mocking up invitations we are yet to charge any of our expenditures to the wedding budget. I have a feeling that over the next few weeks that is going to change.

I was thoroughly impressed with the end product. James (a bloke!) has seemingly thought of almost everything. True we both forgot rings but that has fairly swiftly been rectified. James even remembered to include things like a change of shoes for the evening do should my feet get sore. I had no idea of how many things need to be thought of but I have a feeling that we've probably forgotten an awful lot of things. Anyway here's to many happy months of planning and my new BFF... The spreadsheet!

No comments:

Post a Comment