Tuesday 14 January 2014

The diet

Most brides diet. At least that's what I understand. Some do it more successfully that others. In the past my weight has fluctuated quite a lot and I've previously had some success when it came to dieting. I will never be a stick insect. I accept that. As I've grown older I've also come to embrace having curves and I count them as one of my greatest assets. That said for the last 2 and a half years (about the same length of time that James has cooked for me with any degree of regularity) my weight has remained steadfastly high. That would be a full three stones higher than when I met James.

Unfortunately for my appetite that is going to change. As soon as James proposed I started being careful and as such managed not to gain any weight over the Christmas period. When midnight struck on New Years Day though it was out with snacks completely. No chocolate has yet passed my lips this year and I think it only will at the cake tasting and subsequently at the wedding, presuming that chocolate is one of our favoured flavours at said tasting (two weeks today!).

Finally today I started seeing results. I am now proud to announce that I am officially 3 pounds lighter than I was this time last week. Fear not it's not the result of a crash diet. I am eating three square meals per day and fully intend to continue doing so. I do now have the belief that I can lose that weight and after the joys of trying on my beautiful dress I have something to aim towards. True I've had my measurements taken but I'm told there's not a problem with losing an extra stone (or two) between now and the big day. Anyway dinner's being served. Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment