Monday 27 January 2014

Cake sweet cake

This is the name of the cake company on whose doorstep, literally, we turned up this evening. I cannot explain how excited I was by the prospect. We had been in touch by email over the preceding weeks and I was impressed by the speed of the replies I received and by the examples of work I'd seen on the website. We'd agreed on six flavours of cake to try:

Vanilla,
Chocolate
Chocolate hazelnut
Chocolate orange
White chocolate 
Lemon drizzle

When we arrived at the unassuming house we were greeted by Michaela who showed us into the front room, which had been converted into the cake studio. In front of us was a stand of 12 cupcakes, one of each flavour for each of us. 

Before we got down to the tasting we first discussed ideas. Now it's not as simple as just saying 'I'll have a three teir cake' and getting on your way. Instead we discussed everything from dimensions, to toppers, to flowers and colour schemes, ribbons and icing. Courtesy of James' egg allergy we also had to discuss ingredients. 

Ultimately we (mainly Michaela and I) had agreed a fairly definitive design. Then it was down to the tasting. Aware as I am at the moment of a strong desire to fit into my wedding dress I decided to half a cupcake with James. I started on chocolate orange and finished up on chocolate hazelnut. And then it was decision time. 

We agreed on some of the layers instantly and the smallest layer was of my choosing. The price was more than reasonable and we paid the deposit before leaving. 

Cake sorted.

And yum. We still have an almost full box of cupcakes to devour.

The flavours we decided upon are: Vanilla, white chocolate and chocolate orange. Our topper is bespoke and the icing will be white with an imprinted heart design. There will  be a plaque with C & J on the front and ribbons of pink and purple around the base. There will also be roses and thistles on the cake. In fact it will look something like this:

No comments:

Post a Comment