Thursday 23 January 2014

Photographer - Tick!

Tonight after work I headed for the salubrious setting of Chieveley Service station. The reason... To meet a potential wedding photographer. I'd stumbled across her sample album at the dress shop and had been thoroughly impressed by it. I'd also by coincidence seen some of her work via Facebook. Having been underwhelmed by the websites of some of the venue recommended photographers I decided to get in touch with her. Over the phone I'd instantly liked her and found it very easy to have a chat. Despite being based in the South she had no objections to travelling to the midlands for the wedding but for the initial meeting we agreed on the half way point. 

In person she was every bit as likable as she was on the phone and fortunately she shared James' sense of humour so they hit it off too. We were not only impressed by the samples of work that she brought with her but we liked her attitude and her approach. We had lots of laughs and discussed a number of ideas. We also let her in on some of the personalising features we're planning. As I bought my dress at the shop her friend runs we were also eligible for a deal which involves getting miniature albums as a complimentary feature. 

So where's the hitch? Yes it is too good to be true. Her services come at a price but the notional figure we'd budgeted hadn't included engagement shots and albums which her price does. 

James and I had arrived separately at Chieveley and so our discussion about whether to go with her or look elsewhere took place via Bluetooth as we drove home in convoy. We were agreed. We liked her and felt it was worth paying a small premium to work with her. Thus, shortly after arriving home I confirmed our booking. 

So our photographer is Helen Rushton and our deal includes:

3-4 pre-wedding meetings
An engagement shoot and online gallery
Card samples for guests with engagement pictures and passwords to the online wedding gallery
Wedding photography from the moment I start getting ready through to the evening ceilidh, to include formal group shots, fine art couple shots and bridal party shots
Post wedding consultation to choose best images and format an album
One A4 copy of the album
Two A5 copies of the album
And a USB of all the wedding images complete with the right to print 

All for the bargain price of... Well that one's for us to know.

As an aside when we arrived home I found the bridesmaids' dresses had arrived. I love the colour and the quality. The only issue is they seem to be a size smaller than I ordered. I think they'll be ok but I'm going to have to get the girls trying them on ASAP to put my mind at ease! They lace up the back so there is room for manoeuvre - I hope! 

No comments:

Post a Comment