Sunday 26 January 2014

The great hat debate

 By the time I get married I will be 26 and in all those years my mother has never worn a hat. Ever. She bemoans the fact that her head is too big and on the occasions I've seen her try on hats she's both looked and felt ridiculous (sorry mum!). Despite my protestations though, I was informed that as mother of the bride a hat would be necessary. I tried in vain to persuade her that my utmost priority was her feeling comfortable and that I felt she would be uncomfortable in a hat as she is so unused to them. I also feel hats are a little outdated and as for fascinators I feel they look like the wearer has been dive-bombed by a kamikaze bird!

As no shop-bought hats would fit her head she'd decided to go to the lengths of getting one made. I decided it was best to leave her be. 

Thankfully this morning though I was informed that she's seen sense. A talk with my mother-in-law to-be took place yesterday and they have decided to present a united and hatless front. Thank you Shona!


1 comment:

  1. Ha ha I am using that expression about fascinators at every given opportunity. Head gear should be worn only in the snow or when doing dangerous outdoor activities!

    ReplyDelete