Sunday 7 September 2014

Wedding dress refitted

Saturday saw me back at the beautiful brides of Winchester to try on my gorgeous dress once more. Thankfully this time I was in a much better mood than last time and was also on time! The appointment started a little late but mum and I happily whiles away the waiting time. Then it was mums turn in the spotlight as she helped me in to the dress, as she will on the day. 

Then the accusations started flying. It seemed I've lost even more weight in the month since I was last fitted. This is an assertion that I strenuously denied as I hadn't weighted myself in a week and had been gorging fairly determinedly. However there was no doubt that the dress, which has already been sinched in by 4 inches, was hanging loose and a further inch was pinned out of it. I can't say I was disappointed. 

It was an appointment full of giggles and smiles, not to mention a tear or two from mum when the veil went on to complete the look. I dread to think what she, or I, will be like on the day itself. Even thinking about it right now brings a tear to my eye, or possibly that's just the kitten digging his claws in! 

18 days. That's all!

No comments:

Post a Comment