Wednesday 17 September 2014

So close!!!

Today I've been tying up loose ends. I've emailed out to most of the suppliers the timetable for today. I've also sent a copy to the bridesmaids and best man - I'm assured it will come back to haunt me in his speech. 

Suddenly the reality of everything is starting to hit me. I've never before asked so many family and friends to come together for any reason and I've certainly never spent as much money on any one day of my life before. The thought of being centre stage and walking down the aisle now seems very daunting. I cant believe that the day I've waited for all my life is now next week!

I have it on good authority that my groom is also displaying signs of nerves - although he hasn't admitted this to me. 

Over the course of the last few weeks I've been stashing cash away to pay suppliers on the day and I've amassed enough. On the day all payments will be entrusted to the best man. 

Today I've confirmed the transport pick up times and locations. The last thing I want is to be stranded at the house with no means of getting to the church. 

There are only a handful of things left to be done. I have to make another bouquet of roses. I have to make the pew ends. Besides that I just have to sit back and relax. The night before the wedding my family are coming to my local area for a meal and the day before I've arranged to have a manicure and pedicure. The animals holiday arrangements have been made and they will be delivered on Wednesday, the same day my dress is collected. 

On Friday I try the dress for one last time before the big day. I'll be going straight from a night shift so I hope I manage to enjoy it - and stay awake! 

I can't believe that the wedding is only just over a week away!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment