Monday 14 July 2014

Wedding mania

The last week has been a flurry of activity on the wedding front. Last Wednesday we met with a videographer, who surprise surprise we have commissioned for the wedding day. There followed the making of the table plan to the backdrop of wedding videos. 

Panic subsequently set in and the 'wedding to-do list' was born. I was almost overwhelmed by the number of outstanding tasks but have enlisted my mum to help with a lot of them and today was able to check off a huge number of them. These included a wedding present for James, thank you gifts for my bridesmaids, my hair and veil and the wedding post box. 

Friday also saw me draft the first version of the order of service. There are some elements of the ceremony that we want to maintain as a surprise and as such will need to be concealed from the order of service, which is a shame but necessary for maximum impact. 

Add to all this the fact that I finally elicited from James a copy of his guest list and the majority of his addresses. This has allowed almost all the invites to be sent out or be in the process of being sent out and has led to the first wedding blooper. I'd compiled a beautiful table in a word document clearly matching people and their addresses. Unfortunately the dividing lines were lost in translation en route to my mums iPad and a chance comment last night led to the discovery that two couples have been invited with 'their children' who they don't actually have and were in fact the names of two other couple for whom I was missing the surnames and addresses. One invite was stopped before it hit the post, the other was received by a very bemused guest today who tactfully emailed James to highlight the error so that the other two people wouldn't miss out. I had to laugh! 

Anyway that's enough for now. My fiancĂ© is demanding my attention. I will at a later date elaborate about the various presents though. Watch this space. 

73 days...

No comments:

Post a Comment