Tuesday 22 July 2014

The hen day 2

Day two started with a leisurely breakfast and then it was in to town with the family for some retail therapy. Try as we might we failed to persuade my aunt to invest in her wedding outfit but I did spy a lovely little trinket box with 'bridesmaid' on the top that I bought for Darcey and she seemed quite enamoured with it. I was less enamoured with her choice of necklace for me for the big day so I didn't invest in that. Instead some gorgeous pearls were purchased for that purpose. We also managed to fit my cousin out with her wedding outfit, a stunning phase eight dress which I liked so much I bought one for myself too! 

Lunchtime saw the arrival of my chief bridesmaid and two of my former flat mates. The inevitable happened and I was presented with a tasteful pink bride to be sash and fluffy bride to be 'boppers'. We had lunch at my aunts before taking a sightseeing tour of Stratford. The torrential rain that struck as we dived onto the bus made for an interesting trip as we discovered the roof leaked! 

After that we collected one of my school friends from the train and did a supermarket run to stock up on alcohol and chocolate. Then it was back to sue's for takeaways and a very competitive round of logo. My team won and I wore my tacky medal with pride.

Then we all bunked down for the night, spread variously over beds, sofas and the floor. 

No comments:

Post a Comment