Tuesday 22 July 2014

Hen do part 1

Last weekend was my hen do. Scheduled for the Saturday and Sunday I extended it at the last minute to join my mum, aunt, and future mother-in-law at my aunt's house in Stratford on Avon on the Friday night. We were also joined by my cousin and her angelic 5 year-old daughter (I refuse to believe that she's not the angel I see all the time). Apparently Darcey had got wind of the hen do and wanted to join in so she had her girly night of fun with us on the Friday.  We had a lovely pasta and prawn dish for dinner before relaxing on the sofas and putting the world to rights. We talked everything from hairstyles to assisted dying and as my aunt worked her way through the wine the conversation became increasingly hilarious. 

Before Darcey and Louise headed home I attempted a wedding hairstyle on myself and then attempted the equivalent on Darcey. She and I agreed that on the wedding day she is going to have the same hairstyle of me, which she was delighted by. I also showed her a picture of me in my dress and asked her if I looked like a princess. Her adoreable response was 'no, you look like a snow queen'. 

All in all it was a lovely night but we were all tired so headed to bed early - to everyone's amusement I got the top bunk! 

No comments:

Post a Comment