Saturday 1 February 2014

The first of the fittings

No, not of my dress, but today the first of my bridesmaids tried on her dress. Tabitha, who at almost 12 is the youngest of my 'big' bridesmaids has decided on the same dress that the other two are wearing and today she came over to try it on. The dress is purple to go with the colour scheme and on tabitha it comes to just below the knee. The lace up back means that there's plenty of room for growth but it also meant me on the floor for about half an hour getting more and more frustrated as I tried to do it up. The end result was lovely and tabitha seemed really pleased both with the dress and the colour. We're going to add some straps to it with the excess material to give a little extra support but there's plenty of time for that.

Today I started thinking about accessories. Armed with swatches of ribbon that match the dress and a swatch of my own dress which arrived this week Mum and I hit Winchester and in debenhams stumbled across some purple shawls. They're a near perfect match and as the wedding is September it may be cold so there is a need to think about practicalities. I tried on a fur stole which just made me look like an ostrich so instead I've another idea up my sleeve. 

We also accessorised the mother of the bride outfit. To match her lovely Hobbs dress and jacket mum has now acquired some shoes and a bag. Thankfully no hat though. 

Sadly the trip for my shoes has been postponed so I still have no idea what I'll have on my feet!

No comments:

Post a Comment