Friday 14 February 2014

Valentines day

This year is the only valentines day that I'll be engaged. I know traditionally it's the chap who spoils the girl on valentines day and thus far James has lived up to all expectations - it was on our first valentines day together that he told me he loved me. However, this year by design rather than by accident I managed to arrange to be off work and as such I've had the opportunity to spoil James.

It all started on Thursday night when I cooked him dinner and stocked the fridge with his favourite ales. I also got in some yum yums for his breakfast on valentines day. 

Valentines started with the usual alarm - albeit slightly later than usual as I didn't need to go to work. I heated up a coffee for James and gave him 3 yum yums. I then offered him a lift in to work. On my way back I went to the supermarket to pick up ingredients for the dinner I was going to be cooking. I asked James to pick a cook book and from that I chose the recipe. 

After a reasonably productive day, during which I put down the deposit on the honeymoon - albeit without being able to provide valid passport details for either of us- I went to collect James from work. When he finally emerged over an hour late we had a lovely evening together. He received a very oversized book on Bond and we watched both the documentary and the film of Madagascar... I wonder why? 


No comments:

Post a Comment