Thursday 27 February 2014

How to walk in high heels

This is an art that I'm yet to master - I used to be able to do it with aplomb but since I went to university my footwear has erred on the practical side and is typically flat or wedge heeled.

I always knew that my wedding shoes were not going to be flat. However I didn't know what they were going to be like and I've become increasingly anxious in the last few weeks as more and more shops have failed to have any appropriate shoes in my size. 

I have big feet. I am a size 8. Despite the fact that more and more women have larger feet the shops still stock an inadequate supply or limited range. 

I had been undecided whether to go for statement wedding shoes or the more traditional cream bridal shoes. Ultimately I tried a selection at varying shops. Mostly they were too small. That is until yesterday when I struck shoe gold. 

I happened upon the Cotswold frock shop in stow on the wold. I had a day off from work and mum, Sam and I went to see the venue again and to do a bit of shopping. As we walked into the town a mother of the bride dress caught mums eye. Although she has her outfit already we decided to explore further. The shop, whose adverts is seen in my bridal magazines, turned out to be a one stop wedding shop. 

At the back were wedding dresses. Front right houses the mother of the bride range and front left had the bridesmaid dresses. The rest of the shop was populated with accessories. I was in heaven. I couldn't see any shoes. So I asked. 

I described what I wanted - a heeled shoe in a size eight that was less sandal and more shoe. My wish list also included a lack of bling. The lady went away and emerged with three pairs. The first I instantly discounted as being too pointed. The next two were promising. Ultimately I tried on all three and naturally I chose the first pair. They were by far the most comfortable. They are heeled and have a closed toe. Beyond that you'll have to wait and see. 

No comments:

Post a Comment