Tuesday 26 August 2014

ONE MONTH TO GO!!!

People keep asking me if I'm nervous. The simple answer is no. Should I be? Am I just deluded and idealistic living in a perfect little wedding bubble? I don't think so. I made my decision about James a long time ago. I moved in with him. Then we bought a house. And now we have a family of four with a dog and a kitten. I was always in this for the long term. So no, I'm not nervous. I am incredibly and unbelievably excited about the wedding but also about being married. I've always craved the security and the 'forever' pledge that marriage carries with it. I've been ready for it from the moment I was born and now it's finally almost upon us.

One month today, on 26th September, I become Mrs Reid. The day that we have planned together for the whole of this year will come together and I'm sure it will be magical. I'm also sure that things will go wrong, and if they do I genuinely don't care. What's important is that James and I will be making our  vows and is someone stutters during a speech or a glass of wine gets knocked over it really won't matter. Even if it pees with rain from the moment I wake up until the moment the sun sets (or the dismal clouds darken) I really won't care as long as I end the day a Reid. If we mess up the dance it will be a shame but it won't be the end of the world. If my hair come down I'll be upset but it won't ruin things. If Sam barks when he sees me in the dress or gets a pawprint on the train then I can live with that. I can live with anything as long as I have James beside me and from this time next month I'll know that I always will.

The majority of the preparations have now been made. There are a few handcrafted touche still to be completed and the drama of the table plan is yet to be approached but I'm hopefully that we'll breeze through that in the fairly relaxed way that we have tackled the rest of the planning up to this point. In fact I have to say that breezily is the approach we've taken to most things about the wedding. Our decisions have been fast, almost snap, and we have remarkably agreed on almost everything. I say almost but I can't off the top of my head think about anything we've disagreed on. Except perhaps me making a speech.

And so in one month our engagement will be over and our marriage will begin. I have to say I've loved the last year and I will miss the status of fiance and the excitement of the planning. But then being married will open other doors and who knows where the next few year will take us.

Here's to September 26th. One month today!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment