Saturday 2 August 2014

The bridal 'do

Today I got to live out my dream afternoon. I had a trip to my hair and make-up artist to trial my look for the wedding. Armed with my hair accessories and my Mum I headed the hour and twenty minutes down the road to meet the lady I'd hired for my big day. I've always loved being pampered and having people play with my hair so I was very excited about the prospect of an afternoon of it.

Naturally, given I was with my Mum, I arrived early and we were able to go in half an hour before our appointment time. I was having the trial at Heidi's house and we were ushered in and given cups of tea while we discussed ideas and showed her photos of my dress and veil to help guide styling.

There's no secret about the fact that my hair was always going to be curled for the wedding, as I've always preferred the softer wavy look to my naturally straight locks. What I hadn't decided until recently was whether I was going to have my hair half up or all up (down was never really an option). My preferred option is going to remain a secret from all until the day but suffice to say when Heidi had finished with the hair I was more than happy with the pretty and feminine bridal look that had been created. The accessories complemented it beautifully and I was delighted.

Once we had a tick in the box for hair it was on to make-up. I rarely ware more than a trace of make-up and so it was agreed that I would want a natural look on the day that would just enhance rather than overpower my face. To a fairly natural foundation we added smokey eyes and a lovely subtle lipstick as well as waterproof mascara. I was very happy with it all, as was Mum. At the end of 2 and a 1/2 hours we were done and I was released back to the wider world as a slightly more glamorous version of my normal self.

Heidi turns out to be quite a feisty character. I got on really well with her and I'm really looking forward to her being involved on the day. She had some very amusing tales of wayward bridesmaids (although I'm sure that won't apply to mine!) and it's clear that she won't stand for any nonsense. She will email me the schedule for tomorrow detailing the time slots for my bridal party to have their hair done and say she will probably arrive not long after 6am. Apparently as the bride I get done last and thus can have a lie-in. My only concern is how Heidi's schedule will tally with Helen, the photographer's schedule so I may have to liaise beforehand about their respective plans to ensure that there isn't a clash of ideas on the day!

Less than 8 weeks now. I can actually say... We're getting married next month!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment