Wednesday 6 August 2014

The second fit

Monday saw me back at brides of Winchester for another fitting of my dress. Unfortunately horrendous traffic put paid to my relaxing morning and meant that I only just made it on time. Combining that with being pre-night shifts meant I wasn't my usual chatty self. 

The dress fitted much better this time. The bodice had been taken in by 2 inches meaning that it didn't fall down and made for a more flattering silhouette. This time the hem was taken up and some adaptations were made to cater for my bustier. The bespoke adaptations were also mocked up. 

All of this took almost two hours during which I felt more like a mannequin than a bride to be and my ankles went to sleep in the shoes. After all that we've had to schedule in another fitting aside from the one already down for September just to make sure that everything is perfect for the day. I suppose that unless I win the lottery the dress is the most expensive item I will ever wear so it may as well be perfect :-). 

Only 57 days to go... 

No comments:

Post a Comment