Thursday 21 August 2014

Transport

I might have documented many months ago the discussion between myself and my mum about transport to the venue. Intitially we were relying on guests to source their own transport and we were planning on having just the top car. However this gradually evolved, first a second car was chartered for mum and the bridesmaids. Then a minibus was laid on from the station to the church and then on to the venue. Now, finally we have organised a coach to take guests from the venue to the church and back and cancelled the second leg of the minibus journey as those guests will be able to use the coach. The thinking is that this will reduce congestion in the village and will allow us to have greater control over people's timings. It has also been decided that mum will drive herself and Sam to the church. After all that! 

It was then left to me to alter the arrangements for the top car, which James had booked. This is because I will be getting ready at home rather than at the hotel as originally planned. For some reason it was my responsibility to do this. It did mean I got to choose ribbon colours and the champagne though. Despite my sweet tooth I chose brut as I knew James would prefer that and I know his appreciation of alcohol is much greater than mine. 

5 weeks today!

No comments:

Post a Comment