Saturday 24 May 2014

The invites

A few weeks ago I mentioned that I had delegated the hand-making of the invitations to my mum. Since then she has been beavering away admirably and has made massive inroads into the task. The result is that this week I will be able to had out the first invitation. The big send will not happen for a while yet but as I'm seeing a close friend on Friday I thought hand-delivering the first one would be a nice touch. 

In doing so I can only hope that James will not do a Rory McElroy. I can't imagine the humiliation and pain that would ensue if James called off our wedding at this stage. Thankfully I am secure enough with our relationship to not be fearful that this eventuality will befall me. If it were to I could only say 'hell hath no fury... '

While the majority of the invites are at the finishing touch stage we are yet to give mum the final guest list with addresses. I am also yet to complete the insert to the invitation which will add the extra bits of 'need to know' information. I guess of better get busy. 

124 days and counting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment