Friday 30 May 2014

STRESS

I'm naturally a bit of an optimist and a bit of a dreamer and I tend to blithely go along with life assuming that everything will be alright in the end. I'm immensely lucky in that it always has been. I'm hopeful that this time will be no different but over the last few days the stress has really started to tell. 

The smile that has been splitting my face for the last few months has started to slip more frequently and the tears are starting to fall. The little things are really getting to me and today I slammed the phone down on BT with the words 'thanks for nothing'. 

Unusually, for the girl who thought nothing of sitting her A-levels, grade 8 piano and grade 8 flute in one go, I think this time I might have bitten off a little more than I can chew. 

I had naively underestimated the stress involved in moving house, starting a new job and planning a wedding, all within the period of a couple of months. Add to this the fact that over the past couple of weeks I have been constantly working 13 hour shifts and that James and I don't have any free weekends between now and August, I am also battling exhaustion. I am living life in the fast lane (literally for the two hours of the day I'm commuting) and in order to try and cram in all the things that need doing any relaxation time has gone out the window. 

I'm hopefully that once the stress of moving is out of the way next week and I'm back into the less taxing part of the rota that I might be able to regain my perspective and take stock a bit. For now though I am bridezilla so if anyone says hello or asks how I am there's a reasonable chance I'll end up either crying on their shoulder or shouting at them. If you're on the receiving end of this then I am really really sorry! 

On a more exciting note we've booked our menu tasting for 22nd June, arranged with the local pub in tredington to open early on the wedding day to serve food and beverages to any keen beans, started moving bits into the new house and sent out the first invitation. Please don't panic if yours hasn't come yet - the insert still isn't done but that wasn't relevant to the first recipients. 

118 days and counting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment