Friday 11 April 2014

The stag

As the wedding draws nearer thoughts are turning to the stag and hen dos. James has decided to hold his stag party in Edinburgh, a city very close to his heart and his childhood home. The arrangements, I believe, are to be put in the capable hands of best man/ best mate, Ross. James will be inviting a fairly select group of friends along with his dad and my dad. 

I found out today that James will be in competition when it comes to the stag do. My dad intends to hold 'an old farts stag'. I have no idea why but suspect it's the opportunity to misbehave that appeals. He plans to take a group of his mates up to his lodge in Scotland. I have little doubt that much drinking will ensue as he celebrates the fact that some other mug is willing to take me off his hands. 

When he first broached the topic I thought he was joking, and simply fishing for an invite to James' do but I am assured by my mother that he is actually serious! I've not heard of other fathers of the bride-to-be doing similar but I suppose it's as good an excuse as any. Surprisingly as yet mum hasn't suggested a similar scheme but I'm guessing it may only be a matter of time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment