Monday 28 April 2014

A slight hiccup

Thus far things have gone ridiculously smoothly as far as our wedding planning is concerned so it was inevitable that at some point there would be a hiccup. As I mentioned in a previous post I collected the wedding rings last week. I did this on my own as James spent most of the week in bed sick. For the sake of his ego I will state that he was genuinely really quite poorly - no man flu on this occasions - and he was actually very stoic about it. However this does not alter the material fact which is that when he came to try on his ring this weekend it didn't fit. More specifically it was too big and slid over his knuckle with far too much ease. This may be a factor of his recent illness induced weight loss but the fact remains the ring is too big to be worn. 

Naturally it was left to me to inform the jewellers of this latest development,which I did by phone this morning. They were very apologetic and will make any necessary adjustments free of charge when we get round to taking the ring in at the end of May. Result! 


No comments:

Post a Comment