Saturday 26 April 2014

5 months to go

Time seems to be flying by. In the last month since I posted a countdown a lot of bustling has been occurring.

Firstly on the craft front: I have really upped the ante on the rose front. The past week I have managed to make 100! This has in large part been helped by James being sick and me being off work so having little else to do during the day times. I have also decided to utilise ribbons for the pew ends and have enlisted Mum's help to make bows which will be decorated with rose details.

The invitations are going to print in the next week. We have approved the font, colour and style and to our delight the printers are able to print directly onto the cars we have chosen rather than having to glue inserts into the them.

The final bridesmaid dress has arrived. One needs no alterations but the other two will need minor additions which can be worked on in the next few months.

The video dilemma has been solved. As there are only a few bits that we are interested in having preserved for posterity we have decided to enlist an amateur family member, armed with Dad's camera. Either my uncle of my cousin are set to be asked and I'm hopeful they will agree with the idea.

My leave is also on it's way to being sorted. I've found out that I'll be working in A&E come September and while it's fixed leave the rota coordinator sounded very helpful and has said she will work with me to negotiate any necessary swaps and has succeeded in doing so in similar situations in the past. She told me to be reassured and I have chosen to listen to her as to myther myself silly will not help anyone.

The bridal magazines continue to stack up and the scrap book is bursting at the seams. It goes everywhere with me. I'm still trying to decide in my own mind what hairstyle I'll plump for. It seems that's one front on which I am particularly picky.

I'm still trying to decide on the hymns as it won't be long before the orders of service need to be finalised.

I'm also to understand that the hen do is being arranged. With my chief bridesmaid in Asia my Mum is temporarily in charge of the reins and has contacted those people I've asked to be invited. I know that date, which is 20th July but little else...

No other momentous decisions have been made recently, although we did visit our venue with my inlaws to be and had a rather wonderful afternoon tea there. On the back of that I think I've changed my mind about my pre-wedding night location. As we prepare to complete our house purchase over the next few weeks I am starting to favour staying there and gathering my parents, dog and bridesmaids around me there, while James takes up residence at the hotel where his family will be staying. Who knows what I'll be thinking come this time next week though?!?!

For now the planning continues and roses take up my every relaxing moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment