Sunday 16 November 2014

The surprises

After months of hinting I think it only fair now to come clean about the surprises that we kept up our sleeves prior to the big day:

1. The welcome to the church. When James and I had the idea of me being piped into the church to highland cathedral we simply couldn't resist.

2. The welcome to the reception. Whisky and mocktails are very us. The mocktail  of choice was a virgin sunrise which combines orange juice and grenadine. 

3. The wedding dance. It was a rumba to Rita Coolige's All Time High. For the uninitiated that was the theme tune to the James Bond film, octopussy

4. The wedding dress. By blue bridal my dress was an adaptation of the Bardot dress. The sparkle was removed and the straps were added to make it more me. 

5. The second wedding dress. Kept secret from all but James until the day I bought my second dress from monsoon in order to allow me to dance freely at the reception. 

No comments:

Post a Comment