Monday 2 June 2014

The best man for the job

This weekend we had the pleasure of seeing James' chosen best man. Ross, a university friend of James' who has been a stalwart of his for the last decade, has this dubious honour. I was delighted to find out that he is relishing it though. 

In my absence (I was at work on Saturday), Ross and James seemed to have been discussing all kinds of things about the wedding, to the extent that when I got home it seemed I had nothing new to add. 

Ross seems to be relishing the opportunity to write a speech, and is endearingly keen to avoid causing offence. As I pointed out he has the get out of jail free card of not being intimately acquainted with all the guests and thus being able to avoid any repercussions. I understand that he intends to approach various sources for inspiration and to devote a couple of days to the task - that's a couple more than I anticipate James will! 

Ross is also very enthusiastic about attending the wedding rehearsal, on the Wednesday evening prior to the ceremony. He was more than happy for me to entrust the wedding contact list to him on the day itself and to assume the role of chasing suppliers, should that prove necessary. I cannot imagine a more capable pair of hands, particularly when supported by his team of ushers, who number amongst them a civil servant, army officer, insurance broker and accountant - trust me they're not quite as straight laced as their job descriptions might suggest, but I am sure they will be brilliant at ushering! 

There were mentions of the stag. I have managed to ascertain that 'save the dates' have been sent out for the stag and have been assured that James will be returned to me in one piece. I'm rather hopeful that this will be the case. 

On the whole it was a delightful weekend, capped off by the engagement photos, which left me feeling happy and confident that we have a super best man, who is not only good company, but also fully committed to ensuring that our day is fab-u-lous. Our loss is New Zealand's gain, Ross! 

115 days and counting 

Ps. Girls he is single and comes equipped with a kilt! 


No comments:

Post a Comment