Saturday 14 June 2014

Surprise surprise

I'm aware I haven't blogged for a while. The primary reason for this is that we've been slightly preoccupied by moving into our first home. The move is however now complete and almost all of the boxes are unpacked. Thus thoughts can turn once again to the wedding. 

I have no idea where our engagement is disappearing to. Time is literally flying by and there's only a little over three months now before 'I do'. 

Besides organising my leave (which I'm still not able to do) I envisage the hardest thing is going to be keeping my mouth shut between now and then about all the things we have up our sleeves. 

We're being quite open about the majority of things that will happen at the wedding but as things stand there are a number of closely guarded secrets, which I am simply bursting to divulge. 

There are details regarding the flavour of the cake and aspects of its decoration, the degree of involvement of the piper in the day and certain elements of my attire that remain a mystery to all but myself and James. This is not to mention the closely guarded secret of our first dance, the welcome drinks and the menu. The latter is yet to be decided in its entirety but with the tasting looking next week that will shortly be rectified. 

I met up with school friends in London this week, one of whom is my chief bridesmaid and it was only with the greatest difficulty that I bit my tongue and kept my lips sealed about one of the secrets. All I can say is that time will tell. 

103 days and counting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment