Saturday 14 June 2014

A fascinating development

Yes that's right. Despite my previous post relating to headwear for the mothers of the bride and groom (I seem to remember referring the fascinators as resembling kamikaze birds) my mother has caved in and purchased a fascinator. This is not because she wanted one, nor because I thought she should have one (I didn't), but simply because of the weight of expectation she imposed upon herself as mother of the bride. She felt that other guests might wear one and that surely it was inexcusable should she turn up bare-headed - I suppose birds of a feather must stick together. 

Thus on a shopping trip last week she purchased a pink structured flower type fascinators which I will grudgingly admit is really quite nice. I did spend most of the time in the shop rather rudely doubled up with giggles, and at times completely incapable of speech for fear of what I might twitter. 

The most important thing is that she seemed satisfied and hopefully it will put to bed her pecking over the subject once and for all. 

Squawk. 

No comments:

Post a Comment