Monday 10 March 2014

What lies beneath

I have my first dress fitting tomorrow. As I am big busted they are making a mock up of my top half in order to fit the dress too it. This caused two realisations. 1. I needed to crank up the diet, which has gone remarkably well this week. 2. I needed to finalise my lingerie as every girl knows it can dramatically change your shape.

Therefore today I headed to the town centre and my trusted old friend for the last decade, Bravissimo. To say I hadn't done my research would be wrong. I had spent a number of hours looking online at the various options. I'd looked at everything from bespoke corsets down but drawn the conclusions that bravissimo was my best bet. I'd subsequently chosen a front runner from their options based on what I felt would suit my dress. 

I was slightly nervous that my tummy would prove an issue. As my waist currently goes out and not in I was worried that the basque I was trying on would fit up top but not at the bottom. Happily I was very very wrong. In fact I had to go down a back size and up two cup sizes from what I normally wear. This certainly didn't do my ego any harm! I left just £80 lighter but with three new garments and a beaming smile. 

The one drawback though is that practicality clearly wasn't top of the designers agenda. Thank god for bridesmaids or I would spend the whole of the wedding morning contorting myself in a futile attempt to do up all of the twelve fastenings at the back! 

No comments:

Post a Comment