Tuesday 11 March 2014

The first fitting

Today I was summoned to Brides of Winchester for the toile fitting. No I didn't know what it was either. It's a mock up of the top half of my body with the outline of the dress stitched onto it. The idea is that the material is then fitted to me and the actual dress is based on that fitting. I turned up not really sure of what to expect but ended up having a fabulous time and running way over the projected half hour. The girls there were very accommodating about me wanting to try on THE dress again and now the deposit is paid I was even able to take photographs of me in the dress. I did this once and then realised I'd forgotten to take pictures of it with the veil too and so simply had to try it on again. Damn! I took down my shoes and was wearing the newly purchased lingerie. The dress is having to be altered slightly to accommodate it but we were all in agreement that that would work best. With these accessories in place I started to get a better picture of how it will be on the day.

I then brought up my Sweet Home Alabama obsession with the seamstress and subsequently pictures were printed out to work from for the alterations. I had a thoroughly good time and was there over an hour discussing suppliers and ideas as one of the assistants is getting married next year. She couldn't believe how at this stage we feel that everything is organised. Apparently I'm one of the most relaxed brides she's seen! So much so that I completely failed to notice I'd made myself late for my dentist appointment.

My learning point of the day was about going backwards. It's definitely not possible in a wedding dress. If I want to go backwards the only way of doing so is to circle round to the point where I want to be standing. I learnt this as I found myself entagled in a mass of material even though I thought I'd lifted it all up. Oops.

Everything really seems to be coming together now and in celebration of this I'm going house-hunting tomorrow. Yippee!

No comments:

Post a Comment