Wednesday 26 March 2014

6 months to go

Six months today I will be Mrs Reid. I am incredibly excited about the prospect! At the moment we're in a strange kind of limbo. Almost everything is now arranged. Second appointments are not yet due. Thus we are simply sitting back and watching the days tick by and the day get closer. We're now a third of the way through our engagement, which in its entirety will span 9 months and 5 days.

Getting married means everything to me. It offers me the security I've always craved. As I said to James before we got engaged, living together says 'you're the one for now' whereas marriage says 'you're the one forever'. Marriage provides the only foundation on which I would want to have kids. It provides the only real legal redress if things were to go wrong. More importantly for me though marriage, and particularly a religious marriage, joins two people forever in the eyes of God.

I am looking forward to celebrating my love for James and his for me in a very public way in 6 months time. I am looking forward to standing up in front of family and friends and vowing to be together until death do us part, through the thick and the thin. 

I am also looking forward to being a princess for the day. The little girl who has dreamed of being a bride from the moment she came to consciousness lives on in the woman I am today. That little girl is relishing trying on dresses and choosing colour schemes. She is thrilled to be planning bouquets and tasting cakes. She is having the time if her life now that her dreams are becoming reality. The best dream of all though is the man of my dreams. James is the man I described one girly night out to the friend who gave him my number. He ticked all the boxes - no doubt in time you will hear what they were - and had a few bonuses on top. I really did get everything I wanted and whatever the future holds, be it good or bad, I will always have had now and now is pretty perfect. 

Here's to 6 months time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment