Monday 3 March 2014

The wedding dance

It's no secret that for the last year James and I have been learning to dance. This was driven less by the prospect that we would probably get engaged and married and more by the shared love of strictly.

There is always a lot of speculation at weddings about the first dance. What will they dance to? Will it be a shuffle or choreographed? Will there be lifts? Etc etc. 

James and I decided it would be a shame not to use our dance skills (such as they are) and our dance teacher to have a routine for our first dance. Thus for the last few weeks our lessons have been concentrated our routine. 

The song has been chosen - I agreed to a suggestion made by James as I had no strong front runner and we are definitely musically incompatible. Everything I love makes him imitate a vomit. The dance style agreed - yes it is one you'll have seen on strictly but I'm happy to say that as it hardly narrows down the field! The routine is now also completed so we have plenty of time to practice it. 

The one problem I have is that the section we always have to repeat leaves me feeling a little dizzy. I'm the daft kind of person who, when asked, says 'no of course I'm fine' meaning we start that section again. I could also make my life easier by slowing down the bit I'm doing - which would make it less spectacular and therefore I am definitely not prepared to do it. Stubborn or what? 

No comments:

Post a Comment