Monday 13 October 2014

The dresses

The dress I wore was a variation of Bardot, from Blue Bridalwear. The original dress had a very plain silk Cymbeline skirt, with modest train and sculpted bodice. It had a bow belt and a lacy overlay that buttons up the back. I loved the simplicity of the lines of the dress and the feeling of quality of the material. As I stepped into it I knew it was the one. However I didn't feel that the overlay suited me as it detracted from the simplicity that I loved and that seemed to suit me. Thus the overlay was out and in its place I designed my own straps, which were beautifully crafted by the seamstress at brides of Winchester. The straps were inspired by the wedding dress in sweet home Alabama. I didn't like the dress but the moment I saw the straps, way back in 2003, I fell in love with them and knew that that was exactly what I wanted. The bridal shop printed out pictures of the dress in order to work from them. 

The dress has needed to be synched in by 5 inches since I was first measured but this has been done beautifully. Many little details have been added behind the scenes to make sure that my underwear is concealed and that the dress stays exactly where it should for the duration of the day. 

I accessorised with a beaded tiara which highlighted my long two-tiered veil encrusted with Swarovski crystals. I chose not to wear the blush down as I walked down the aisle. 

My shoes were very simple cream satin heels with a rounded toe and a strap to make sure they didn't come loose. I felt like an absolute princess for the whole day. 

Of course I didn't wear the Bardot for the whole day though... 

No comments:

Post a Comment